Main Coon is the Largest of all cat breeds – most weigh 9 to 18 pounds and diet is necessary to your pet Cat health. Many choices for feline breeds with specific needs are nutritionally balanced and does not need any addition.
All cats need definite components in their diet, involving:
- Fatty acids such as arachidonic acid
- Taurine and arginine are necessary Amino Acids
- Minerals and Vitamins such as Vitamin A and Calcium
An adequate mix of these elements is contained in all foods specifically designed for each cat breed. The AAFCO (Association of American Feed Control Officials) has established minimum demands. So, you can check for their stamp on food
Feeding and care
Today a lot of different brands on the market, but for the special cat, you need Nutrition for Pure Breed Cats. It is a very good choice an exclusive kibble for Main Coon breed. This food created with the big experience of breeders and it was adapted to the actual needs of each breed based on health features and eating peculiarities.
- The kibble shape available to cat’s large jaw
- Helps healthy cardiac function
- Helps bone & articulation health
- Keeps wellness skin and fur health
- Good Balanced Nutrition
- The Pure Breed Maine Coon cats food is formulated for felines over 15 months old.
- The king size cube-shaped kibble is available for the big rectangular jaw of the Maine Coon.
Whether you feed your cat wet or dry food is also a matter of preference (How can I see if my cat drinking enough water?).
Dry vs Wet food
- Dry food is easier to prepare and allow a cat to use his teeth.
- Wet cats food has a higher humidity content. This is important if the cat does not drink as much as she should. They need it to support correct kidney function.
- So, a right balance for your cat is a mix of wet and dry food will ensure.
The most significant point is selecting a nutritionally balanced food. It should fit your budget and your pet cat’s taste. Also, if you have questions, your veterinarian can help you with the decision what kind of food is best for your cat.